Umpiring can be exciting, challenging, rewarding and also gives you a greater understanding of the game. It is a life skill that you can get many rewards from. Our oldest umpire is 82, still enjoying officiating our matches.
The first step to becoming an umpire is to contact your Club Umpire Coordinator. If you do not know who they are just ask in the umpire's room.
Your Club Umpire Coordinator will introduce you to the HATs "Have-A-Try" program, at the 9am time slot each Saturday.
You will require:
- a whistle
- the Netball Australia Official Rules of Netball rule book
- a white shirt and skirt or white dress (boys to wear white shirt and shorts)
You will be required to:
- Attend a "Fundamentals of Umpiring" session, usually held on the first Saturday of the season
- Over time, complete the 2 online pre-requisites for obtaining your C badge -
- Theory Examination Section 1(must obtain a 70% plus pass mark) (no cost)
- Umpire Course Level 1 (cost $25)
To complete the online e-learning go to the Netball Victoria website, click on e-learning and follow the prompts.
We wish to congratulate the following umpires who obtained their C badge in Winter Season 2015 -
Aces - Taylah Barr, Mia Washington, Tess Wekenborg, Isabella Wright
Blackburn South - Moesha Eilliot, Leah Woodford
Hi-Lites - Matisse Nannes, Leah Stremski, Kate Ward, Eden Whelan
Laburnum - Amy Canvenett, Emma Hayes, Olivia Thomas
Livingstone - Chloe Pearce-Schmidt
St Timothy's - Alana Domingo
St Thomas - Georgia Kishazi
We wish to also congratule Nathan Begley (Hi-Lites) who succesfully obtained his A badge, a great achievement.